Tuesday 17 February 2009

MWC Day 2

Kinda cheating by posting this early, but I doubt I'll be in front of a screen again tonight.

A little head down today. Spent some time on the Telefonica stand and met a few people including @paulwebster. I took a quick picture including the glamorous Carmelo sporting his pride and joy the O2 Litmus Polo ;-)

O2 / Telefonica Stand at MWC on TwitPic

Had a great meeting with my Telefonica colleagues from Open Movilforum and I think we are going to see some kick ass developments by combining the best of both approaches to better serve the developer community.

I did an on camera piece with BBC Click we will see if I make the edit, I hear they are brutal on cutting down the material broadcast!

I then headed over to the Business of Mobile 2.0 Conference to speak and sit on a panel including Google, Yahoo, Goojet, Fortumo & Qualcom.

I stuck around to listen to the next session and glad I did as @tonyfish was great and thought provoking, making some great points about where the real value in the future sits.

Business 2.0 Presentations on TwitPic

Most of the big press releases came out yesterday but this caught my eye:

Qualcomm and Nokia kiss and hold handsets:
http://www.mobile-ent.biz/news/32667/MWC-Qualcomm-and-Nokia-kiss-and-hold-handsets

Yahoo Mobile Also Wants to Claim The “My Phone” Moniker.

Tech Layoffs Surge to 300,000

Startup news roundup

No comments:

Post a Comment